In modern time MBOX is most universally used file format for storing their messages on HDD. This MBOX format saved every single message in concatenate format like every mail get stored one by one in chin format. This format support different email client applications but most of time user want to switch back to chronic Outlook express because this email client application is easy to handle and basically available all over the world. So millions of users want to move their previous MBOX supported email client application into Outlook Express and MS Outlook.
Import MBOX Files to Outlook Express Manually
Manually you can’t import MBOX files to Outlook because there is no shortest way to import mbox files to Outlook Express. This is not so easy task. In that situation an intermediary is required and this intermediary is Eudora email client application.
1. Install Advanced version of Eudora for Windows.
2. Rename “InboxMBOX” as “InboxMBOX.mbx”
3. Move this file to the directory C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora
To locate “Application Data” click the Tools menu, select “Folder Options” click “View” and select “Show hidden files and folders.”
4. Open Eudora, double-click the name of the mbox file (to finalize creation of the mailbox), and quit Eudora.
5. Open Outlook Express, and select File -> Import -> Messages...
6. Select “Eudora Pro or Light (through v3.0)“, and click Next.
7. Navigate to the directory that you moved the mbox file to, and click OK.
8. Click Next, Next once again, and Finish.
9. The imported mailbox will be located in the “Local Folders” section of Outlook Express.
Import MBOX files to MS Outlook
Perform this import procedure, first you need to import these MBOX file to Outlook Express as mentioned above. When you completed this entire process, you can import from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook.
1. Open Outlook XP/2003
2. Click File -> Import and Export...
3. Select “Import Internet Mail and Addresses,” and click Next.
4. Select “Outlook Express 4.x, 5", make sure “Import Mail” is checked, and click Finish.
5. The imported mailbox will be located under “Outlook Today - [Personal Folders].”
These manual process is very useful but it’s very large process. If you wants to import your MBOX files into Outlook PST format without any complicity. You can try IbidInfo MBOX to PST Converter. This third party application easily export your MBOX emails into PST format in few clicks. This application 100% safe and secure for your precious mailboxes.